TOPICS & FORMATS
Neil has four signature presentations – including his newest talk around the work he’s doing for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association as their first-ever, Chief Diversity Officer. That talk will be specifically for companies who want to approach the opportunity of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion from a proactive vs. reactive angle. Neil also welcomes the fireside-chat format as an opportunity to speak to all of the topics addressed in the talks below.
The selection of a fireside-chat format will offer you the most customization to the topics you’d like to see addressed in Neil’s appearance.
- KEYNOTE 1: Taking the Heat and Using it to Forge a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA)
- KEYNOTE 2: Race to the Truth: Having the Hard, Yet Necessary, Conversations on Race in America
- KEYNOTE 3: Black Male Achievement: Changing the Narrative from Negative Stereotypes to Examples of Excellence
- KEYNOTE 4: Destined for Greatness: Straight Talk Delivered with Love to Young Men of Color
- BRAND NEW FIRESIDE CHAT: From Misstep to Rise: A Fireside Chat about Acknowledgement, Race, Grace and Uncomfortable Conversations with Neil Phillips, Chief Diversity Officer, Hollywood Foreign Press Association
Neil embodies empathy by meeting people where they are at in pursuit of racial equality. His powerful presentation offered both candor and passion, without feeling preachy or threatening. His invitation to start the conversation on racism and bias resulted in critical, ongoing dialogue across our company for the first time. With Neil creating a space for our leaders to be vulnerable and learn together with our employees, we moved forward with a strategic plan that amplifies commitment to improving equality in the workplace.
Neil brings a powerful voice for inclusion and diversity not just to the HFPA, but also to the Hollywood community and media industry. Through our reform process, we believe it is not sufficient to just make progress internally, but also necessary to provide a platform for greater diversity and inclusion in our industry and the entertainment community our members cover. His willingness to talk openly about uncomfortable subjects and lead by example makes him an exceptional voice for change and we look forward to supporting his work.