1:1 Confidential Advisory
Confidential 1:1 Advisory Service
in exchange for donation for local family in need
If you’d like a fully confidential advisory session to gain an insider’s view into the business of speaking, you’ve come to the right place. These sessions are designed to allow you a space and time to privately share your unique challenges and opportunities in the realm of paid speaking and gain practical, unbiased advice from me – someone who has deep knowledge of the art and science of this industry. I bring 25+ years of experience to our conversation – including a decade as a buyer of paid speakers’ time (so I know how event planners think and how they feel about working with speakers who have professional representation) and sixteen years as professional management for world-class speakers who command $35,000 – $200,000+ per appearance.
My team and I work with all the top speaker bureaus and agencies in the world and negotiate, globally, more than $6,000,0000 in annual bookings for our roster.
Do you see your needs reflected in the following descriptions? If so, I can be immediately helpful.
- BRAND EXTENSION INTO PAID SPEAKING
You are a successful ___________(insert your chosen moniker here – author, actor, artist, rock-star, entrepreneur, TED speaker, politician, public figure) and receive frequent invitations to do speaking appearances….and would like to accept carefully screened invitations that will further your personal and professional initiatives, while not running you ragged
You are just getting started with paid speaking and do not yet have professional representation, but are hoping to find someone who will add you to their roster
- SEEKING MORE PAID APPEARANCES AND/OR BIGGER FEES
Agencies, bureaus and/or event hosts hired you to do some paid speaking and you’ve caught the bug for it…and want to do more of it….and earn more per appearance
- BOOK BEING PUBLISHED
You are in the process of writing a book that will come out in the next 6-12 months and would like to get your ducks in a row so that if the book generates speaking inquiries you’ll be ready
- THINKING OF BRINGING YOUR SPEAKING BUSINESS ‘IN-HOUSE’
You are represented by an agency or bureau or management company and thinking about bringing your representation in-house, but don’t know what that would entail
- BREAKING INTO UNITED STATES MARKET FOR SPEAKING
You are based outside the USA, or are here as a non-citizen, want to tap into the lucrative speaking market in the US and don’t know how to get started
- DISILLUSIONED WITH PRIOR REPRESENTATION
You have been represented by a bureau or agency in the past and disappointed with the results and don’t really know what to expect or if you should go down that road again
- OVERWHELMED BY SELF-MANAGING YOUR SPEAKING INQUIRIES
You and/or your assistant currently manage your speaking inquiries and are feeling out of your element, unprepared or overrun with the workload and would love to know about other options
No matter what your situation is….. I can help. I have not been stumped yet.
I thrive on educating and helping others and would be delighted to be of assistance to you.
If you are unsure about making this investment, please reach out to ask for references from others who have taken the step themselves and feel it was a good use of their time and money. I also offer gratis, Mentorship Monday sessions – which are 15 minute phone conversations held on one Monday each month. My assistant, Bernadette Peeples, email@example.com, can provide details on both options.
Let’s get this party started.
How it works:
- Each dedicated hour-long session is a $1,000 investment. Please make your online donation to the The Casa Rombach Recovery Fund (www.crowdrise.com/casarombach). Please note: Since 100% of your funds go directly to bank account of the Rombach family, this payment is not refundable. The family does not have a non-profit entity so contributions are not tax-deductible.
- Send me an email forwarding the email receipt from the Crowdrise site. This fund sends all money directly into the bank account of a family in my town who seek to bring their youngest daughter, Chloe Rombach, home from the hospital. She suffered a traumatic brain injury in December 2014, at the age of 22, and has not regained consciousness. The family would love to care for her at home – surrounded by her mom, dad and older sister, AJ. Your contribution will be put to immediate good use in paying for the renovations on their home – to make it safe and suitable for Chloe and, once those activities are paid for, will help build a fund to aid in Chloe’s long term care needs.
- My team will coordinate a mutually convenient time for us to spend 60 minutes on a video conference call together. At your discretion, you cam have one other person on the video-conference with you, to take notes and allow you to direct your full attention to the conversation.
- Come to the call prepared to share a lot about YOU – what makes you tick, your strengths, your weaknesses, your current situation with with regard to speaking. You can bring a list of questions and fire away! I will have questions for you, too, and offer my advice, without any objective beyond helping you think about your next steps. All of the details you share in our call will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone else, not even my staff.
Why should you trust me?
I’ve spent the past 16+ years working side by side with some of the coolest people on the planet- those who are BOTH incredibly powerful AND deeply good human beings. They also happen to do paid speaking. I bring ALL of that depth of knowledge to work for you. The perspective I offer is from the vantage point of running a thriving global speaker management practice, interacting with all the top bureaus and agencies world-wide and doing all negotiations and logistics for nearly 100 events per year. I offer real-world tested, practical and insightful advice you cannot get anywhere else. I’m writing a book about my 26+ years in this industry and the content is derived from the calls I’ve had with aspiring speakers and my own quarter century of direct experience.
My business, New Leaf Speaker Management, a TANDEM company, is a boutique firm advises and guides some of the most powerful & deeply good humans I know:
Steve Wozniak, the co-Founder of Apple,
Aimee Mullins, TED All Star, actor, athlete, advocate and 2017 inductee to the National Women’s Hall of Fame,
Amanda Palmer, rock star, author of The Art of Asking & tribe builder extraordinaire,
Saj-nicole A. Joni, accomplished executive, CEO Whisperer and author of ‘Get Big Things Done,’
Martha Beck, best-selling author of 8 books and counting, Oprah favorite and founder of a wildly successful life coach certification course, and
Victoria Jackson, cosmetics pioneer, 4x author, co-founder of a medical research foundation, ‘Mom on a Mission,’ and fellow 2017 inductee to the National Women’s Hall of Fame.
We just added two more amazing individuals to our roster as well – and their pages on our site will be ‘live’ soon:
Blake Mycoskie, the Founder of TOMS
Dr. Tererai Trent, Oprah’s favorite guest of all time and the author of The Awakened Woman.
We also work with several private label clients — from those just beginning their paid speaking work to those who prefer to maintain their own brand online as ‘one-stop’ shopping with regard to all of their activities. Under their URL, or in private consultation, we offer the same suite of services our ‘public facing’ clients enjoy – advisory, response to all inquiries, calendar management, pricing and terms, negotiation, deal presentation, contracting, collections, logistics, and follow-up – all done with expertise and integrity in our calm, capable and kind manner.
These video-mentoring sessions fill up quickly, so if you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible and we will find a mutually convenient time to hold your confidential session.
Who is Chloe Rombach?
Chloe was raised in Marblehead MA, a tiny seaside community about 30 minutes northeast of Boston. She is a 2010 graduate of Marblehead High School and a 2014 graduate of UMASS Amherst. She was struck by a car on a rainy night in December 2014, when she was only 22 years old. Deprived of oxygen for nearly 20 minutes before firefighters freed her from under the vehicle, she nearly lost her life. She has not regained full consciousness since the accident and currently resides in a hospital about an hour away from her family. Her parents, Jeannie and Ed, and her artist sister, AJ Rombach, have been diligently raising funds, recruiting help and caring for Chloe with daily turns at the hospital ever since that horrible day. They are making modifications and renovations to their house, to make it suitable for Chloe and bring her back home. 100% of all monies from these advisory calls are paid directly to the Rombach family. It is their bank account that receives all payments directly from the Crowdrise website.
Let’s do this for the love of Chloe Rombach.
A video slideshow of Chloe’s story, set to the music of two Dean Fields’ original songs (6 min in total), can be found here: