1:1 Advisory Services
Speaking is not the path for the faint of heart.
It is not for the dabblers or those who want to hire someone to do the heavy lifting and expect it to result in lots of high fee paid speaking appearances.
It is the path for those who want to drive the world forward.
It is the path of heroes.
It is the path of warriors, counselors and wise souls.
It is the path of activists, activators and inspirational giants.
To be truly great at public speaking you must:
Speaking is a supremely powerful platform from which you can shape the world.
If you have a core challenge that relates to public speaking, I can help.
– Amy Gray, Founder
**To print this entire section, download the PDF file here.**
My team and I work directly with event hosts and all the top speaker bureaus and agencies in the world. Over the past five years we negotiated, globally, more than $25,000,0000 in speaking fees for our clients:
- Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder, Apple
- Amanda Palmer, Rockstar, New York Times Best-selling Author, TED speaker (11+million views)
- Blake Mycoskie, Founder, TOMS
- Aimee Mullins, Actor, Athlete, 5X TED speaker and inductee to the National Women’s Hall of Fame
- Martha Beck, Best-selling Author and Life Coach
- Connie Lim / MILCK, Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Gentle Rebel, creator of ‘QUIET’
We continuously cultivate our network of more than 300 individual agents worldwide. We also work directly with event hosts to handle all in-bound inquiries for our clients.
Do you see your core challenge(s) with regard to speaking on the list below?
If so, I can offer you information that will be immediately helpful. You’ll gain an insider’s view on the business of speaking via two ways to directly connect: (More details on each one are below my signature)
- Triple WIN Wednesday Phone Calls
(30 min / $250 investment / $125 of that amount goes to our selected non-profit)
- Virtual Tea / Coffee Video Advisory Sessions
(60 min / $995 investment / $500 of that amount goes to our selected non-profit)
To discuss your most compelling challenge with regard to paid speaking, it is as easy as 1-2-3:
1) Reach out to us at Advisory@NewLeafSpeakers.com,
2) Let us know which type of session (30 min phone call or 60 min videoconference) you’d like to confirm and
3) My staff will get you on my calendar.
These sessions are specifically designed to focus on Y-O-U and I’ll offer my insight into what could be most helpful for you to do next. Our conversation will be confidential, spontaneous, fast-paced and highly practical.
I’m nice – in an industry not known for ‘nice.’ I’m direct, but kind. Kindness does not mean naive or ineffective. In fact, I believe that the opposite is true. Being KIND is the secret ingredient that makes us good at what we do. It takes more time to be kind vs. abrupt, but for me, it is an essential part of how we operate as individuals and as a business. I want to help every single person who reaches out to me for advice.
In short, like the ad for Farmer’s Insurance:
We know a thing or two, because we’ve seen a thing or two — and we adore the work we do. If you want to be a positive change-maker and need some guidance, I can’t wait to talk to you.
Let’s get this party started.
For each session you will:
- feel great knowing that half of your investment goes to a worthy non-profit
- directly benefit from my 28+ years of experience and undivided attention during your session
- receive a written confirmation of the donation so you know it has been done in a timely fashion
- receive an audio-recording of our session
- receive a shout out on New Leaf’s social media regarding your generous support of our chosen non-profit (optional– we can keep your donation confidential if you wish)
- receive my personal email address so you can keep me posted on how you do after our session
Core Challenges with Regard to Speaking:
- BRAND EXTENSION INTO PAID SPEAKING
You are a successful ___________(insert your chosen moniker here – author, actor, artist, rock-star, entrepreneur, TED speaker, politician, public figure) and receive frequent invitations to do speaking appearances….and would like to accept carefully screened invitations that will further your personal and professional initiatives, while not running you ragged
You are just getting started with paid speaking and do not yet have professional representation, but are hoping to find someone who will add you to their roster
- SEEKING MORE PAID APPEARANCES AND/OR BIGGER FEES
Agencies, bureaus and/or event hosts hired you to do some paid speaking and you’ve caught the bug for it…and want to do more of it….and earn more per appearance.
- BOOK BEING PUBLISHED
You are in the process of writing a book that will come out in the next 6-12 months and would like to get your ducks in a row so that if the book generates speaking inquiries, you’ll be ready
- THINKING OF BRINGING YOUR SPEAKING BUSINESS ‘IN-HOUSE’
You are represented by an agency or bureau or management company and feel a bit too removed from the actual conversations that shape the offers – yet you don’t have the bandwidth or speaking industry savvy to properly manage representation in-house
- BREAKING INTO THE UNITED STATES MARKET FOR SPEAKING
You are based outside the USA, or are here as a non-citizen, want to tap into the lucrative speaking market in the US and don’t know how to get started
- DISILLUSIONED WITH PRIOR REPRESENTATION
After a less than stellar experience with representation, you are wondering what went wrong and where to go next
- OVERWHELMED BY SELF-MANAGING YOUR SPEAKING INQUIRIES
You and/or your staff currently manage your speaking inquiries and are feeling overrun with the workload and would love to know about other options.
If you see a bit of yourself in one or more of those, let’s connect!
Just choose one of the two options below and reach out to us at Advisory@NewLeafSpeakers.com to get your session booked.
1) TRIPLE WIN WEDNESDAY CALLS – 50% goes to a worthy non-profit
These are 30 minute advisory phone calls held on, yep, you guessed it: Wednesdays.
The fee is $250 and fully half of this goes, transparently, to a worthy non-profit for that month.
Why are these phone calls a ‘Triple WIN’ you ask?
WIN for YOU: You get 30 min on the phone with me, focused 100% on your biggest challenge with paid speaking – and an optional ‘shout out’ on social media afterward for you personally or your organization – to thank you for your generosity. You let me know if you feel comfortable with it at the conclusion of our call.
WIN for our chosen NON-PROFIT: They receive a $125 donation for every advisory phone call held.
WIN for ME: I’m delighted to help you AND benefit a worthy cause in the process.
2) VIRTUAL TEA / COFFEE VIDEO ADVISORY SESSION – 50% goes to a worthy non-profit
These sessions are 60 minutes long and the fee is $995. The session is held via video-conference so that you can feel like we are actually having a meeting in person. Over half of your session fee ($500 USD) goes to the designated non-profit and we’ll send you a confirmation of that transaction so you know it has been completed.
The date and time are scheduled at your convenience and during our hour together we are able to get far more in depth on the current challenges and offer you even more customized guidance on next steps. Feel free to bring your cup of coffee, tea or snack to the session so it can feel even more like we are enjoying a virtual break together.
Once the session is complete, we make the donation in honor of YOU – and I will also give you a social media shout-out, as above, to acknowledge your generosity to our chosen non-profit – so that you are the hero. In addition, you will receive my personal email address and you are welcome to stay in touch to keep me updated on your progress. I’d love to hear from you.